Very few American households compost their food scraps instead of sending them to the landfill. Compost Cab has always been a strong advocate for advancing this number through working with non-profit, government, and any other organized groups who are working to advance toward zero waste goals. Being a member of Compost Cab not only secures your organic waste, but also supports all our advocacy efforts.
Our Goals and Priorities:
- Increase household composting through growing our own membership, as well as assisting local government as they study city-wide composting initiatives.
- Build a strong, dense, & robust compost production network within the city that will build the soil for urban agriculture to thrive.
- Create a closed loop food system, circular food economy, zero waste network.
Current Campaigns We Support:
- Sierra Club – Local DC Chapter – Zero Waste Committee.
- FoodPrints – FRESHFARM’s food education program in partnership with DC Public Schools.
- DC Department of Parks & Recreation Community Compost Network.