Our team works day-in and day-out to make composting easy, and to help urban agriculture thrive. If our mission resonates with you, take a look below at our currently open positions. If you have ideas on how to make Compost Cab a stronger company, we encourage submitting those to firstname.lastname@example.org as well. We look forward to hearing from you!
Available Positions (1)
PT Baltimore Cabbie – Driver / Composter
Compost Cab is not just about rerouting food scraps from landfill to farm, we’re about creating new soil, growing delicious food, and strengthening our urban agriculture movement. As a team member and Compost Cabbie you will have the unique opportunity to work outdoors while exploring the diverse neighborhoods of Baltimore, and end each work day on a bountiful farm or garden where you’ll help create nutrient rich soil with all those collected food scraps. This is a dynamic position where no day is ever quite the same as the last, but the rewards are consistent and innumerable.
- Learn your route(s) and navigate it efficiently. Collect food scraps from subscribers and deliver them to one of our partner farms or gardens.
- Prepare bins for delivery, document details of individual stops, and log route data.
- Deliver and process organics alongside our farm partners and larger-scale facilities.
- Continuously suggest improvements on everything from logistical processes to neighborhood marketing opportunities.
- Assist with organizing and carrying out our bi-annual soil deliveries.
- Make every interaction a delight for our subscribers.
- You have a clean driving record and a smartphone.
- Deep knowledge of local streets and neighborhoods a huge plus.
- Detail oriented, with a demonstrated ability to work independently, multitask and react quickly to changing conditions.
- Commitment to building healthier, more sustainable communities.
- Love of exceptional customer service, and a natural sense of hustle.
- Self-starter-ness – a track record of consistently creating personal and professional stretch goals, then meeting or exceeding them.
- Strong desire to work with your head AND your hands.
- Flexibility to work occasional weekends & holidays.
- You’re physically strong, able to lift 40 lbs, and work with your hands day in and day out.
Compsot Cabbies are the heart of our work. You’re out in the community collecting from homes and apartments, and on farms & gardens, working with your hands to produce nutrient rich soil. Don’t know much about composting? Don’t worry! We process multiple times a week, giving you the opportunity to learn about this age-old process and how it ties into the local urban agriculture system.
To apply, please email a resume and 100 words on why you think you’re a good fit for Compost Cab to email@example.com with the subject line: “Baltimore Candidate, Your Name.”